At SMSH, we measure success by what we’re able to achieve for our clients. We are pleased and honored to share several recent wins for accident victims we represent, as well as information about recent cases that have been filed by our firm.
$1.192M jury verdict for injured plant worker
Jonathan Harris, along with Adam J. Rosenfeld, won a $1.192 million jury verdict against Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, L.P. on behalf of their client Kenneth Thorns, who was injured at the Cedar Bayou Plant in Baytown, Texas.
$1.86 Million FELA Verdict
Railroad injury attorney Cynthia Huerta, along with Reed Morgan and David Glenn, won a $1.86 million jury verdict for a former BNSF Railway Co. conductor who suffered serious back and knee injuries in an accident at an Oklahoma rail yard.
60-Day $2.5 Million Settlement
Maritime lawyer Matthew Shaffer negotiated a $2.5 million settlement in just 60 days for the 4-year-old daughter of a crane operator who was killed in December in a Delaware dredging accident. Click here to find out more about this case.
Other Recent Case Results
Here is a roundup of other verdicts and case filings at SMSH:
- AJ Rosenfeld recovered $12,000 for a client who was rear-ended by an ambulance when the ambulance driver failed to control the speed of the emergency vehicle.
- Cynthia Huerta negotiated a $29,000 settlement for a woman who was injured in an accident as a passenger in her husband’s vehicle. The couple’s vehicle was struck by another vehicle, causing them to collide with another truck.
Recent Cases Filed
Attorney Jonathan Harris filed several claims in March on behalf of accident victims, including:
- A woman who was rear-ended by another driver in a company truck who failed to control his speed.
- A warehouse worker at the Port of Houston who was driving a heavy duty forklift when he was struck by an 18-wheeler.
- A man who was rear-ended by an 18-wheeler that failed to control speed.
- A woman who was using a gas grill at her apartment complex and tried to relight it after it went out was badly burned when propane gas that didn’t dissipate ignited due improper ventilation.
- A passenger on a Greyhound bus who was injured when the bus driver rear-ended a pickup truck. The impact caused the pickup truck to spin and jackknife, resulting in a second impact between the bus’s front end and the driver’s side of the pickup truck.
- A 2-year-old who was severely injured when a display inside a MetroPCS store, which was not properly secured, fell on top of her.
If you’ve been injured in an accident and need legal help, contact us today. Click here to read more about our case results, case filings, as well as companies we’ve litigated against.