HOUSTON PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
Have You Suffered After
a Personal Injury?
Schechter, Shaffer & Harris, L.L.P. are top-rated Houston personal injury lawyers that have helped people win settlements and judgments for their pain and suffering. We are here to help with many different personal injury claims including car accidents, truck accidents, 18 wheeler accidents, motorcycle accidents, medical malpractice, work accidents, maritime injury, defective products and more.
Personal injuries can also be caused by disasters, whether natural or man-made. Schechter, Shaffer & Harris, L.L.P. is one of the only personal injury law firms in the state of Texas to have a proven track record of recovering compensation for the victims of major disasters.
Houston, Texas is unique in that it is also home to many victims of maritime workplace accidents, such as offshore oil rig mishaps or ship groundings. Maritime injury cases require attorneys who are well-versed and experienced with the Jones Act and other laws that protect the rights of maritime workers. Each of our maritime injury lawyers offer over 25 years of experience in helping families just like yours.
Personal Injury and Maritime Lawyers Based Out of Houston, TX
- Maritime Accidents – If you or a member of your family has been seriously injured or killed as a result of a maritime accident or offshore injury, Schechter, Shaffer & Harris knows it is extremely important that you get legal advice. Working on and around boats and rigs comes with inherent risks. However, it is the responsibility of your employer to minimize these risks.
- Car Accidents – When you are injured in a car accident, whether it involves passenger vehicles, 18-wheelers, motorcycles, pedestrians, bicycles or buses, our auto accident lawyers can help. Schechter, Shaffer & Harris has over 45 years of experience representing clients with claims against the biggest insurance carriers in the nation, and won.
- Truck Accidents – When a large, heavy 18-wheeler collides with a smaller passenger vehicle, the results can be devastating. Driver negligence, reckless driving, improper truck maintenance and improperly secured loads are common causes of accidents involving commercial trucks.
- Motorcycle Accidents – When a motorcycle is involved in an accident, most often it is because of another driver’s negligence. Motorcyclists are at high risk of serious injury when a crash occurs.
- Construction Accidents – Texas has more oil refineries than any other state in the union. Unfortunately this means that Texas refinery accidents have injured or killed thousands of refinery workers. Though the nature of your job may be inherently risky, as an employee or contractor you have the right to work in an environment that is safe and well maintained. This is the responsibility of the refinery- a responsibility they have not taken seriously, putting your life at risk. Only a lawyer experienced in refinery accident litigation can determine the true value of your case.
- Work Accidents – If a member of your family has been seriously injured or killed as a result of negligence at the workplace, it is extremely important that you get legal advice from a work accident lawyer. The insurance company of the responsible party will do their best to downplay your case and limit your workers compensation settlement.
- Premises Liability – Schechter, Shaffer & Harris understand that injuries sustained from accidents can vary widely in severity. Whether you’ve been injured on commercial, private property or premise liability, the injury may be minor with scrapes and bruises from a slip and fall, or severe like burns from a fire. Often time victims suffer permanent damages and lost of income because they are unable to work.
Free Case Evaluation
Get in Touch Now. Tell Me More About
Yourself and How I Can Help You.
Need a Houston Personal Injury Lawyer?
The state of Texas affords certain rights to the victims of serious personal injuries as well as their family members. Among these rights is the pursuit of monetary compensation from the person or company that is responsible for the injuries.
Personal injury cases suffer from the reputation of being greedy cash grabs. However, anyone who’s suffered a serious injury will tell you that the expenses don’t just stop with hospital bills; in fact, victims often are left struggling to find ways of paying for physical therapy and psychological counseling. Savings and insurance will not cover all of these expenses. Furthermore, it’s unlikely that the victim will be able to work for some months (or even years) after their injuries.
Personal injury lawsuits are not about greed; they’re about getting what you and your family need in order to put your life back together.
To speak with an attorney about your personal injury, call our 24-hour hotline at 713-364-0723
Our Attorneys Have Over 100 Years of Experience
Choosing a competent personal injury attorney in Houston, TX is vitally important—many personal injury lawyers talk about their “experience” in the practice of law, whether it’s five, 10, or 20 years. At Schechter, Shaffer & Harris, L.L.P., our attorneys offer more than 100 years of combined legal experience. Few other Houston personal injury law firms can offer you such deep legal knowledge and experience. This shared experience is what makes the professionals at our firm among the top personal injury lawyers in the state.
In addition to a century of experience, our attorneys have a proven track record, with over $720 million in recoveries for our clients. We have represented thousands of clients in all kinds of cases, from minor car accidents to major disasters.
We want to put this experience, knowledge, and expertise to work for you. For a free, confidential consultation about your case, call our office today at
We Are Here To Help You
We answer the phone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To speak with a legal team that can help you immediately, call our office at Click to Call 713-364-0723.. In many cases, you will pay no legal fees unless we first make a recovery of compensation for you.
See What Our Clients Say About Us
Mr. Harris did a phenomenal job handling my car accident case. He went above & beyond for me. Mr. Harris dealt with my case swiftly. He was always available to take my calls or he returned them promptly. His staff was friendly and always very helpful. Mr. Harris put my mind at ease many times. He kept me in the loop and up to date on what was happening with my case.I reccomemd this law firm to anyone involved in any type of accident.
Attorney Cynthia Huerta and her team are outstanding… Ms. Huerta was very firm and honest from the get go, answered all my questions in timely matter. We had a little trouble but Ms Huerta never gave up, she continued and the result was amazing. I want to personally thank Ms. Huerta and Ms. Granger for all your hard work. Definitely will recommend to my friends and family….
First of all, I would like to thank you all for such a tremendous and outstanding assistance and of course such a professional attitude, from you to me, starting from AJ and all his crew and of course the front desk lady. That makes me feel like I was home I will rate my experience not from 1 to 5 but from 1 to 10 I’ll give you guys 10+
Thank you and I will definitely recommend your firm to everybody in my friends network.
Mr. Shaffer and Ms Laura did an amazing job on getting case resolved quickly and fairly.
The staff is very helpful. I recommend hands down the best attorney in Houston TX.
AJ Rosenfeld took care of everything when it came to the insurance company. AJ made sure we got all the medical treatment we needed from the injuries due to an automobile accident. Highly recommend AJ for legal matters.