New Year’s Eve is a night to reflect on the year past and celebrate the year ahead with friends and family. Unfortunately, it’s also one of the most dangerous days to be on the road. Before you head out to enjoy good company and cold drinks with your loved ones, consider these New Year’s Eve safety tips from the Houston car accident lawyers at Schechter, Shaffer & Harris, L.L.P., Accident & Injury Lawyers.
If you’re hosting a New Year’s Eve celebration:
- Designate a sober driver in advance.
- Get contact information for a local cab company to provide safe rides home
- for your guests if they’ve been drinking.
- Offer non-alcoholic beverages as a drink option.
- Stop serving alcohol a few hours before the party ends.
- Offer guests a place to stay at your home.
If you’re attending a New Year’s Eve celebration:
- Plan ahead if you’re going to be drinking. Our Texas drunk driving lawyers recommend designating a sober driver, planning for a taxi or mass transit, or calling a friend or family member to pick you up.
- If you aren’t able to get a safe ride, stay where you are until you are sober.
- If you see someone who is too impaired to drive, take their keys and secure them a safe ride.
The car accident lawyers in Houston, TX at Schechter, Shaffer & Harris hope you all have a safe and happy New Year’s Eve. However, if you or a loved one has been injured in a drunk driving accident, we can help. Call (713) 364-0723 to learn your rights.