A personal injury can be one of the most stressful and possibly life changing events that happen in a person’s life. Many people do not have experience when faced with a personal injury. A personal injury includes any injury or accident that ended with you being hurt, physically, mentally or emotionally, by the negligence of another person. These types of injuries are mostly preventable and deserve justice. A personal injury includes car accidents, trucking accidents, dog bites and much more.
Why Should You Hire a Lawyer?
Being involved in a personal injury accident will likely cause some shock, which can make it more difficult to process the situation and properly react. Getting into contact with a trusted personal injury attorney is vital to ensure you will be as successful as possible. At Schechter, Shaffer & Harris, L.L.P., Accident & Injury Lawyers, we have worked with many victims just like you and understand that this can be an increasingly stressful time. Our lawyers will guide you throughout the legal process and provide an understanding of what is next.
Reasons to Contact an Accident Attorney
The first thing you should do after being injured is to get medical attention for all of your injuries. We want you to focus on getting better and let us worry about handling your claim. Getting the right attorney on your side is important so that you know that your best interests are at heart. At attorney will be there to explain the entire claims process to you, as well as, answer any questions you might have. Your attorney will also act as your negotiator between insurance companies, where they will fight to get you a fair settlement. The settlement will help cover hospital bills, physical therapy, property damages and lost wages.
Types of Auto Accident Injuries:
Head and Back Injuries
- Head and back injuries are among the most serious types of injuries that can happen as a result of a car accident.
- Head injuries are mostly from a passenger hitting their head on some part of the car.
- Back injuries are mostly spinal cord damage or herniated disks.
Neck and Chest Injuries
- Whiplash is the best-known injury from a car accident.
- Neck pain and swelling are common and possible vocal cord paralysis is not uncommon.
- Trauma to the chest can result in broken ribs and collapsed lungs.
- Those with heart problems can also go into cardiac arrest and possible internal bleeding.
For more information on laws, insurance and driving questions use this link: DMV.org