Gabriel A. Gonzalez
Houston, TX 77006
Gabriel Gonzalez is the newest attorney to join the team at Schechter, Shaffer & Harris. Gabriel joined the firm back in January of 2016 working as a Law Clerk and began his career as a personal injury attorney in 2017. He graduated from South Texas College of Law with honors and is a member of the American Bar Association and the Houston Young Lawyers Association. Gabriel comes from a family of lawyers, so it was a natural decision for him to choose this career path. Gabriel personally understands the frustrations of being involved in an accident, and wants to help others with the process of healing and recovering what is just. Gabriel is a husband and father of two, and enjoys fishing, playing golf, and coaching his daughter’s softball team.
Experience Working at SMSH Legal
- Started in January 2016 as a Law Clerk Hired as an attorney on May 1, 2017
What Made You Decide to Practice Law? Personal Injury?
- I have several lawyers my family and it has always been in the back of my mind to become an attorney. When I went back to school, a professor (she was an attorney) helped convince me that becoming an attorney was the right path for me.
- I personally have been and gone through the process of an accident and dealing with insurance companies while suffering at the same time. I wanted the chance to help others who are in the same situation, and assist them with the process of healing and recovering what is just.
Education, memberships, affiliations and volunteering
- University of Houston – Class of 2011
- South Texas College of Law – Class of 2016
- Member of the American Bar Association
- Member of the Houston Young Lawyers Association
- Previously coached @ Cy-Fair Girls Athletic Association (8U Fastpitch Softball)
- Currently a coach of the Houston Lighting 10U Girls Fastpitch Softball
- Honors and Awards
- None professionally
- Law School
- Graduated Cum Laude
- Member of Law Review
- Case Note was published (Oil and Gas Postproduction Costs)
- Spouse & Children
- Wife – Christy Gonzalez
- Son – Zachary Gonzalez (12)
- Daughter – Sophia Gonzalez (9)
- Hobbies & Interests
- I enjoy fishing, playing golf, and playing the guitar when I can
- I really enjoy working with my daughter and her teammates on the softball diamond; it’s a great feeling seeing them improve both
- on and off the field;
- Quotes: Inspirational quotes
- The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be. – Ralph Waldo Emerson