Why would you spend your limited time and energy trying to settle an accident claim with USAA when an experienced attorney can do it for you? Do you like dealing with bureaucracy, unreturned phone calls, and uncaring company employees? Wouldn’t you rather focus on recovery, getting back to work, and your family?
Schechter, Shaffer & Harris, LLP works on a contingency basis. Our services don’t pose a financial risk to you. After obtaining a settlement or jury verdict for our clients, we receive part of that recovery. If our clients can’t settle a claim or lose the case, they owe us nothing.
Why Should I Get an Attorney Involved?
The fact attorneys are paid for their work by receiving part of the recovery makes some people think retaining one won’t be worth it. If your claim is limited, doing it yourself makes sense. Most attorneys won’t take a matter with little money value because it isn’t worth their time.
If your claim is more substantial, even with a percentage of the recovery going to an attorney, getting legal representation is a good investment. You don’t know all the facts of the case, insurance, or negligence law. You don’t know what your case is worth, and you probably lack experience with negotiation.
Why Should I Retain Schechter, Shaffer & Harris, LLP?
Chances are excellent you’ll be in over your head if you have a severe injury and try to negotiate a settlement with USAA or another insurer. Schechter, Shaffer & Harris, LLP negotiates settlements every day. We know:
- The law
- The facts of your case after our investigation
- How insurance companies work
- How to negotiate a fair and reasonable settlement
You probably hire specialists without thinking about it:
- If your car’s brakes don’t work well or your roof leaks, will you do the repairs yourself?
- If you fall and break a bone or suffer a heart attack, would you go to a hospital or do internet research on how you should treat it yourself?
Our attorneys specialize in helping accident victims obtain compensation. If that’s what you need, we’re here for you.
Why Shouldn’t I Negotiate With USAA?
One of the most significant benefits of retaining our firm is that we, not you, deal with USAA. If there are hassles, problems, or unreasonable people, they’re our problem – not yours. You probably have a job, you may have children or an elderly parent to care for, and you may own a business. You have better things to do than deal with USAA. You can leave that to us.
Even the most reasonable insurance company will have unhappy customers, and the internet is the place to vent if you’re having a problem with a company. Even with those things in mind, the online reviews of USAA’s treatment of people trying to resolve claims are remarkably bad.
The Better Business Bureau’s 827 USAA customer reviews average 1.5 out of five. Here are some statements from Trustpilot:
- “USAA promotes how military friendly they are, HA!!! Retired Marine and still not willing to help with anything.”
- “Policyholder backed into my car, I have multiple dash cam they caught it along with the fact that the driver left a note admitting fault. Been two months now no check.”
- “I wish I could get compensated for the hours spent dealing with the incompetence!”
- “Homeowners claim from the Texas freeze – have been given the runaround for over a year by a crap adjuster and a way to escalate the situation!…Time for an attorney.”
WalletHub reviews include:
- “If I could rate them with zero stars I would. I didn’t have any issues with them (for the four years I’ve used them for my car insurance) until I actually had to file a claim (hit a deer). My adjuster was incompetent, she drug her feet at every step in the process, and then refused to cover a rental car (even tho I pay for that coverage).”
- “We have been USAA customers for 35+ years with no issues until now. 2 months ago my trailer and truck were rear-ended – the driver took responsibility. This was bad enough but the lack of reasonable customer service and the inefficiency of the claims process by USAA is terrible.”
- “This company does not pay out on claims. Run away, do not walk! Good to know as a US Army veteran, after 20 some odd years assuming USAA would actually be there when I need them, what a slap in the face! My claim has been open for nine months. I was struck by a drunk driver and I was not at fault for the accident. Getting USAA to pay to fix my truck has been one heck of a ride! I would recommend you choose any other insurance company.”
How much time and energy do you want to spend negotiating with a company like this? How much progress do you think you’ll make?
Schechter, Shaffer & Harris, LLP Helps Negotiate Settlements For Vehicle Accident Victims
Our attorneys have many years of legal experience helping car accident victims. Our Houston law office deals with major insurance providers, including USAA, so you won’t have to. Call us at 713-893-0971 today to schedule a free consultation where we’ll discuss your accident, how Texas law may apply and your best options for obtaining compensation.