Every year there are millions of personal injuries people experience from a variety of causes and reasons. As a result, there are many types of personal injury cases filed each year.
When injuries or wrongful death result from someone else’s negligence, it makes sense to seek compensation if a personal injury attorney believes you have a solid case. Negligence implies that an injury occurred due to the actions or lack of actions by another. Had the other person acted in a responsible manner, the injuries might have been prevented or not been as severe.
The 6 Most Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
Have you or a loved one been involved with one of these most common scenarios that may cause serious or permanent injuries? If so, you may want to consider taking legal action, depending on the specifics of your case:
- Car Accident Cases. Auto accidents lead to the most personal injury claims in the United States,1 especially when the other driver in the motor vehicle accident was reckless, under the influence, or inattentive.
- Slip and fall lawsuits. These types of injuries can be very serious and may be caused by negligence when someone knows about unsafe conditions but does not warn others. These types of personal injury claims are extremely common.
- Medical malpractice. Medical professionals sometimes make mistakes. When their actions or lack of action cause serious injury or death, receiving compensation is a possibility for many patients. Consulting with a personal injury lawyer is usually beneficial in these cases.
- Workplace accident claims. Usually workplace accidents are covered under workers’ compensation in the U.S.; however, in some cases, they might fall under maritime law or require other paths to full compensation. If you work in certain industries like transportation or shipping, your case may fall under other jurisdictions.
- Premises liability cases. When dangerous conditions are allowed to exist on a piece of property, the owner may be held liable for injuries and accidents that occur. Some examples include swimming pools, wells, or collapsing structures.
- Product liability lawsuits. When someone manufactures and/or sells a defective product that causes injuries or wrongful death, they may be subject to product liability lawsuits by individuals or as a class action lawsuit. These could be unsafe toys for children or even medical implants and devices.
Taking Appropriate Action
For these common types of personal injuries, it is essential to understand your legal rights and options. You could have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit against the other party and be entitled to a larger monetary claim than what their insurance company is offering. This is why it is always a good idea to consult with a personal injury law firm, even when you simply have questions.
Many of these common personal injury cases relate to specific types of physical injury. To find out more about the six most common types of personal injuries and the types of compensation you could be entitled to, we invite you to review the following infographic. Each of these categories of serious injury could be the cause of a lawsuit for medical expenses, lost wages, and permanent disability.
If you have further questions about personal injury law or want a free case review to see if you have grounds for a claim, please feel free to contact Schechter, Shaffer & Harris, L.L.P., Accident & Injury Lawyers, at 713-364-0723 to speak with one of our personal injury lawyers today. We have helped thousands of accident victims receive the full and fair compensation they need and deserve, and we are ready to review your personal injury or product liability case at no cost to you.
To find out more about the six common types of personal injuries, when to contact a lawyer, and the types of compensation you could be entitled to, we invite you to continue reviewing the following infographic.